Thursday 28 November 2019

Chief Rabbi, we need a better way to fight antisemitism than attacking Labour

My latest at Patheos

Extract:
What is the clear and present danger presented by the Labour party to Jews? Perhaps you can give me a rough idea of what I should expect, so I know whether to be ready to pack my bags when the election results come through.

Will kosher meat be outlawed? Will circumcision be banned? Will I be forced out of my job and my children thrown out of university? Will I be attacked on the street by gangs of roaming Corbynistas? Will synagogues be burnt down and Jews rounded up?

I’m not being flippant here. I genuinely want to understand the nature and severity of the threat which has created the “anxiety” you say is “gripping” most of my fellow Jews. If I can’t grasp what you mean, how can I make an informed and proportionate response?
Read the full post at Patheos

2 comments:

  1. Put crudely, the chief Rabbi is a Tory & should either keep quiet or own up to the fact

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put bluntly, the Chief Rabbi is a Tory & should either be quiet, about these matters, or own up to the fact otherwise he is in danger of courting the very anti-antisemitism that we all despise

    ReplyDelete